Note: If you bought your unit after July 2016 you most likely already have the latest version of the software.
The latest version today: v1.16
If you need a firmware update please follow the instructions below:
Via your iOS mobile device:
- Download the latest iOS/ Android app from the app store.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your cell phone.
- Turn on the Glyph and leave on the middle position till it fully boots and the rainbow lights go away.
- Push and hold the "on" button to the top and hold till the LED blinks blue.
- Once on Bluetooth mode go to the Avegant app and find your Avegant Glyph under " Available" devices.
Note: By default the Glyph will be named "GLYPH(the last 4 digits of your Glyph serial number).
- Once you select your Avegant Glyph you can then see if there is a firmware update available.
Note: If there is no "Update Available" message then it means you are already on the latest firmware.
- Once you click on " Update available " you will get the option to update the firmware.
Troubleshooting: If the update fails.
- Turn the Avegant Glyph off for a few seconds then turn it back on.
- Turn on bluetooth
- Retry the firmware update again.
Troubleshooting: If your app is stuck on 100% but it still shows " In Progress" for more than 10 minutes.
- Leave your phone Avegant app as is. Don't make any changes to it.
- Turn your Avegant Glyph off for a few seconds then turn it back on.
- Turn on bluetooth.
This should complete the process. If it does not you will need to reboot the App and the Glyph and re-start the whole process again.
If problem persists, please contact support.