Getting the right ergonomic and optical fit with the Avegant video headset is very important to get the best visual experience. Here’s a guide to walk you through the process for best comfort and optical performance.
Selecting the right nosepad
- Remove all nosepad’s from the Avegant video headset
- Turn on Avegant video headset and turn on the test screen
- While holding the Avegant video headset with your thumbs, adjust the IPD sliders and position the headband until you can see all four corners of test screen image. Supporting the headband with the edges of your thumbs, use thumb and forefinger around the headband to focus the lens by turning them clockwise or counter-clockwise.
- Try all nosepads including the gel insert to find the most comfortable one which keeps your eyes in the right position to see all four corners of the screen.
- If none of the nosepads seem to work, insert the gel insert nosepad (stock rubber piece) turn the adjustment dial until is is tightly inside the headband then attach the headstrap. Adjust the headstrap length and position on your head (it swivels backward) until it holds the Avegant video headset firmly on your head.
- Install headstrap to Avegant video headset - hold the headstrap in your right hand so that the end swivels downward; This ensures that it will be installed in the correct direction. The ends of the headstrap are also labeled “L” and “R.”
- Pickup the Avegant video headset, and cradling the left headphone in your left hand, push the left end of the headstrap into the headstrap slot in the top of the headphone until you hear a “click.” Do the same on the right side.
- Check that the headstrap swivels backward away from the front of the Avegant video headset.
- With the headstrap in vertical position, undo the adjustment fastener and place the Avegant video headset on your head in video position. Tighten the headtrap so it fits snugly and the headphones sit right over your ears.
- Adjust the optical adjustments and nosepad height if necessary.
- Check for comfort by evaluating any reduction of pressure from the nosepad, try swiveling the headband to different positions on your head, adjusting the strap each time to try to find the most comfortable fit.