Before you Begin…
- Update your Avegant video headset firmware to the latest revision. New firmware versions can be found in the Google Play or Apple store.
- Update your drone and radio to the latest revision.
- Ensure that your Avegant video headset and drone are fully charged.
- Procure the right adapter to connect the drone radio to the Avegant video headset HDMI cable.
- Please ensure that you are taking measures to fully comply with FAA regulations, including flying with a spotter or a co-pilot to maintain line of sight (see https://www.faa.gov/uas/publications/model_aircraft_operators/ for information), and other laws governing drone use.
DJI Phantom 4 Setup
DJI’s Phantom 4 supports live image streaming and limited gimbal control through the HDMI. The HDMI output module is required for this functionality.
Tips for a good experience:
- Try not to put too much torque on the HDMI connection, lest the connector will fail. In order to prolong the longevity of your HDMI output module, try to relieve long-term strain on the HDMI connection.
April 2017 Update: DJI no longer supports head tracking for third party FPV goggles.