Before you Begin…
- Update your Avegant video headsets firmware to the latest revision. New firmware versions can be found in the Google Play or Apple store.
- Update your drone and radio to the latest revision.
- Ensure that your Avegant video headset and drone are fully charged.
- Procure the right adapter to connect the drone radio to the Avegant video headsets HDMI cable.
- Please ensure that you are taking measures to fully comply with FAA regulations, including flying with a spotter or a co-pilot to maintain line of sight (see https://www.faa.gov/uas/publications/model_aircraft_operators/ for information), and other laws governing drone use.
Parrot Bebop 1+2 Setup
Parrot’s Bebop 1 and 2 support live image streaming through the HDMI port on the optional Skycontroller.
To set up and enable the Avegant video headset with the Bebop and the Skycontroller:
- Ensure that both the Avegant video headset and the drone are fully up to date (see: Before you Begin).
- Power on and boot the Avegant video headset, drone and Skycontroller
- Connect the Avegant video headset via HDMI to the side of the Skycontroller.
- Verify that the Avegant video headset is properly receiving a signal from the radio. If all hardware is up to date and powered on, the Avegant video headset should automatically display the perspective of the drone.
Tips for a good experience:
- Ensure that the Skycontroller is actively in communication with the drone and tablet before plugging in the Avegant video headset.
- Remember that the WiFi connection used by the Bebop builds several hundred milliseconds of latency into the display stack. Expect 250-500ms of latency between the drone’s position and the image that you see.